|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £40 - £50 per hour|
|Type: Contract||Contact: James Giblin|
Mechanical Design Engineer
Contract - 6 Months
Mechanical Design Engineer needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with an in-depth CREO CAD and Defence experience
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
- Use requirements specifications and a design brief to develop innovative yet robust design solutions that are compliant and fit for purpose
- Use CREO Parametric CAD to produce both concept and detail designs
- Produce supporting calculations and analysis to justify design decisions
- Work with SMEs, Users and Lethality/Physical Design Authorities to develop concept design solutions
- Work with a team of Design Engineers with agreed interfaces to develop a single sub-system design solution
- Work with CAD engineers to enable the production of drawings and design data pack.
- Create and present Design Review data packs to Senior Engineers and Governors.
- Assist with the production of prototypes and confirm designs with manufacturing/purchasing teams
- Perform physical testing and design proving activities on engineering prototypes
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable, industry and business standards.
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable programme safety requirements and governing safety legislation.
What you need to be the successful Mechanical Design Engineer:
In order to be the successful Mechanical Design Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Bachelor's/Honours Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design or Product Design. Alternatively, a time served, apprentice trained engineer to HNC level with proven experience of working in a mechanical design environment.
- Proven experience in the design and development of mechanical products.
- Experience of working within the Defence or industrial automation industry is essential.
- In-depth working knowledge of CREO CAD software and experience of using the tool to produce designs.
- Extensive knowledge of complex mechanism design and principles.
- Ability to perform basic structural and kinematic calculations.
- Proven track record of successful design and product development for use in harsh environments
- Understanding of current materials, treatments and finishing technology for use in Defence products.
- Impeccable attention to design detail.
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.