|Location: Staffordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer needed for a multinational Defence and Electronics organisation based in Staffordshire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Mechanical Design Engineer that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of 3D CAD (Solidworks is preferred but not essential), good use of CFD/FEA tools for thermal analysis and structural analysis, fatigue life assessments and experience in manufacturing methods applicable to electronic cabinets; sheet metal fabrications, welding, machining, corrosion protection.
The successful candidate would desirably have a degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering and have a keen interest in Mechanical Engineer.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
- To perform a wide range of engineering work covering all stages of the project from bid to delivery
- To plan and conduct engineering tasks requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection and adaptation of designs or design techniques to meet the agreed requirements
- To be responsible for a major part of the engineering work on a large project
- To contribute to project meetings and to deliver detailed technical and progress reports
- To keep up to date with the state of the art in the chosen area by attending seminars and studying the technical literature
What experience you need to be the successful Mechanical Design Engineer:
- A degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of engineering (e.g. systems, electrical, electro-mechanical)
- Appreciation of electrical aspects of cabinet design (e.g. EMC, stray fields, creepage and clearance, insulation systems)
- Experience in manufacturing methods applicable to electronic cabinets; sheet metal fabrications, welding, machining, corrosion protection
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD. Solidworks is preferred but not essential
- Good use of CFD/FEA tools for thermal analysis and structural analysis, fatigue life assessments.
- Good knowledge of materials
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process; gated design phases, design reviews.
- Good in front of customers; willing and able to make presentations
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please note that UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Mechanical Design Engineer position*
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.