|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Mechanical Design Engineer
Wimborne, Dorset - permanent
Mechanical Design Engineer needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading Electronics Engineering company who specialise within nuclear and defence based in Dorset. The candidate must be eligible for Security Clearance (hold a British passport only).
Benefits for the Mechanical Design Engineer:
My client offers a competitive salary, brilliant benefits and fantastic career progression.
Purpose of the Mechanical Design Engineer:
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible to ensure that all products designed, developed or manufactured for the company meet the required specification laid down by the customer and agreed by the company.
Some of the main duties the Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
- Assisting the Mechanical Team Leader in ensuring the services provided by the department are aligned with best industry practices and meet the current and future needs of the company
- Assisting the Mechanical Team Leader in ensuring the Engineering team deliverables are
- identified and managed ensuring that commitments are delivered to the required quality and schedule requirements.
- Working with the Mechanical Team Leader to ensure that product documentation is rigorously checked and accurate prior to drawing pack release.
- Working with the Mechanical Team Leader to ensure that product change requested internally or by the customer are processed accurately and meet their schedule requirements.
- Assisting the Mechanical Team Leader to ensure that the skill and capabilities of the engineering team are aligned with the current and future needs of the company
- Contribute to new product idea generation
- Undertake research tasks within cost and time constraints
- Design new products within cost and time constraints
- Develop existing products within cost and time constraints
- Develop systems using new or existing products within cost and time constraints.
- Produce assembly drawings, parts lists and supporting documents to enable the purchase, manufacture, assembly, and test of new or existing products or systems.
- Producing purchase order requisitions for the above.
- Follow the appropriate quality systems for Design, Document, and Change control
- Any other tasks that the Technical Manager or another member of the management team reasonably requires.
- Producing drawings to National and internationally recognized standards for manufacture, and installation.
What you need to be the successful Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Minimum HNC/HND qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Experience in designing control systems (panel / cabinet building).
- Experience with working in a Design Office environment.
- Experience in providing Design Office support to Production.
- Have knowledge of related engineering disciplines (e.g. mechanical and electrical engineering) with the ability to read and understand assembly and fabrication drawings.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing and assembly techniques.
- Experience in working with peers to produce 30 CAD models of parts and assemblies, preferably using Autodesk Inventor.
- Experience in creating 20 Technical drawings, in accordance with 8S8888 and local standards,
- preferably using either Autodesk Inventor or AutoCAD.
- Computer literate and a confident user of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to progress their career within the engineering industry.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.