|Location: Redhill, Surrey||Salary: £21000 - £26000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Davies|
Mechanical Fitter needed for a global manufacturing business based in Redhill who are looking to employ an experienced Redhill with an in-depth knowledge of mechanical assembling and build testing.
The successful Mechanical Fitter will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £21,000 - £26,000 per annum
* 25 day's holiday + bank holidays
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Life Insurance
* Onsite Parking
* Kitchen Facilities
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical Fitter will include:
* To mechanically assemble and build "testing" machines and other accessories, mechanically fitting parts including wiring looms and electronic displays
* Competent use of Pillar Drill, Manual Lathe, Manual Milling machine and Horizontal Grinder, and other associated tool room equipment.
* To complete all paperwork and documentation required ie Employment, Time sheets, works orders, etc
* Fabricate/make special tools when required
* To organise and keep tooling in good order
* To assist with stock count
* Keep work station and area clean and tidy
* To liaise with other Department Managers and company members and communicate in a polite manner and assist other staff.
* A requirement to undertake other duties as may reasonably be required.
What you need to be the successful Mechanical Fitter:
* Solid Mechanical Engineering background
* Close tolerance assembly skills in a machine build environment
* Able to read and interpret engineering drawings, general assembly drawings and geometric tolerances.
* Able to operate a variety of hand/machine tools.
* References and confirmation of previous experience
* Working knowledge of all relevant current Health and Safety best practice
* Time served mechanical apprentice-ship
* City and Guilds, NVQ or BTEC qualifications or equivalent of ONC standard minimum.
* Ability to work as part of team and/or unsupervised
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Fitter to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!