|Location: Horsham, West Sussex||Salary: £21000 - £26000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Davies|
Mechanical Fitter - Permanent Position - Based in Horsham
Currently I'm recruiting for a Mechanical Fitter to join my client who are a market leading Defence company based in Horsham. Work will involve the assembly of mechanisms, machines and equipment accurately in accordance with Engineering Drawings, diagrams and procedures.
Required skills for the successful Mechanical Fitter:
- BTEC or HNC/HND in an Engineering discipline would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar position, ideally within a MoD workshop environment.
- Ability to use manual machine tools and hand tools is essential.
- Experience using manual lathes and mills is desirable.
- Ability to read and interrogate complex technical drawings.
Key Responsibilities for the successful Mechanical Fitter:
- Prototype and production assembly of machines to Engineering drawings and procedures.
- Ensuring all modifications during the build process are documented & Change request forms completed.
- Liaise with production control when kits are incomplete.
- Modifications to existing parts using basic machine tools such as drills, lathes and mills.
- Manufacture of simple brackets, mounting plates and simple tooling.
- Checking that all work meets quality and technical standards.
- Effective communications with engineering team to sort out issues during the build.