|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £16 - £20 per hour|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 29 days ago|
Job Title: Mechanical Fitter
Term: Initial 2 Months
Hours: 37 Per Week
Salary: £16 - £20 p/h
Key Skills: Bending, Shrinking, Riveting, Stretching, Sheet Metal, Forming, Mechanical, Fitter, Assembly, Machinist, Aerospace, Marine, Maritime, Manufacturing, Rigs, Frames, Drawings
An experienced Mechanical Fitter is required ASAP by my client to be responsible for anything manufacturing related: one day you will be tasked to assemble bought in items for simply assembly in a short space of time, the next you will be involved with the manufacturing of complex, bespoke piece parts.
So, what will you be doing as a Mechanical Fitter?
- Manufacturing bespoke parts for large scale, accurate boat models as well as assembling parts for rigs, frames and bespoke model boat builds
What are we looking for in our next Mechanical Fitter?
- Hold a recognised Apprenticeship/Training in a mechanical trade
- Hold a professional qualification - C&G/ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience & proven track record in manufacturing High Quality, low quantity items
- Previous work experience in a highly regulated industry - Such as Aerospace/Medical/Nuclear
- Comfortable in reading Technical Drawings related to Metal Forming
- Experience in Sheet Metal Forming - Bending, Shrinking, Riveting, Stretching & Drilling & Welding
- Previous use of an array of materials such as Plastic, High grade metals a distinct advantage
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Mechanical Fitter, this is the opportunity for you!