|Location: Redhill, Surrey||Salary: £21000 - £26000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Liz Collins|
An immediate opportunity exists for a skilled Mechanical Fitter to join a team of precision engineers producing equipment designed and manufactured to global clients.
Paying a basic salary from £21K up to £25K depending on proven ability.
39 hours per week Monday to Friday.
As a Mechanical Fitter, you will be required to mechanically assemble and build "testing" machines and other accessories, mechanically fitting parts including wiring looms and electronic displays.
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical Fitter will include:
- Competent use of Manual Lathe, Manual Milling machine and Horizontal Grinder, and other associated tool room equipment.
- To complete all paperwork and documentation required i.e., Employment, Time sheets, works orders, etc
- Fabricate/make special tools when required
- Ensure parts are collated, fitted, and adapted where necessary to equipment ready for testing.
- To organise and keep tooling in good order
- To assist with stock count
What you need to be the successful Mechanical Fitter:
In order to be the successful Mechanical Fitter and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
Apprentice trained time served, NVQ / HNC / HND in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Solid Mechanical Engineering background
- Close tolerance assembly skills in a machine build environment
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings, general assembly drawings and geometric tolerances.
- Able to operate a variety of hand/machine tools.
- Working knowledge of all relevant current Health and Safety best practice.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Fitter to progress their career. If you are a Mechanical Fitter, with additional skills in manual milling and turning, have a can-do approach, and can take a logical and innovative approach to solving engineering problems, then this permanent career opportunity could be just what you have been looking for. Apply today!