|Location: Wiltshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Olly Nixon||Job Published: 24 days ago|
Mechanical and Electrical Technician
Mechanical and Electrical Technician needed for a multinational aviation/defence organisation based in Wiltshire. As Mechanical and Electrical Technician you will form part of the MRO modification, servicing and repair team who are responsible for performing the assembly, disassembly and modification of systems by conducting the change, removal, replacement or upgrade of aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement change and improvement.
As the successful Mechanical and Electrical Technician you must be experiences in all aspects of Ch47 aircraft primary structures and complex aircraft systems such as; hydraulics, flight controls, and propulsion.
IMPORTANT - This is an initial 3-month contract, INSIDE of IR35 and the successful candidate must be able to attain Security Clearance to SC level.
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical and Electrical Technician will include:
- Configuring aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment.
- Perform maintenance activities, fault diagnosis and disturbed system functional tests
- Perform tasks associated with aircraft safe handling, maintenance, modification and flight test.
- Troubleshooting complex pneumatic, hydraulic and associated electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components.
- Validating and verifying testing of systems and components.
- Documenting procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs test results applicable modifications and inspection results).
- Collaborate with colleagues on the safe handling of an aerospace vehicle (e.g., jacking towing system operations). Able to provide mentoring to peers and others.
What experience you need to be the successful Mechanical and Electrical Technician:
- Must have served a recognized relevant trade apprenticeship or trade training equivalent, and be proficient in the interpretation of engineering drawings, workbook instructions, and technical manuals.
- Knowledgeable in aspects of Ch47 aircraft maintenance, modification and repair to include skill and experience in both structural and mechanical system disciplines.
- Working knowledge of general aircraft maintenance and environment processes (FOD control, tool control, health & safety & COSHH.
- Working knowledge of MAA Regulatory Articles (RA), MAA Regulatory Publication (MRP) Part 145, aviation Quality Assurance (QA) and Safety Management System (SMS) and the application of these requirements within their area of accountability, responsibility and authority.
This really is an incredible opportunity for a Mechanical and Electrical Technician to progress their career with highly reputable organisation. If your skill set match the requirements of this role please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.