|Location: Warrington, Cheshire||Salary: £40 - £45 per hour|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sam Davies|
Mechanical Stress Engineer
Mechanical Stress Engineer needed for a multinational Nuclear Engineering organisation based in Warrington who are looking to employ an experienced Mechanical Stress Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of ABAQUS, Finite Element Analysis and proven experience leading projects within the Nuclear or Defence & Aerospace sectors.
The successful Mechanical Stress Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will receive a very competitive pay rate.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical Stress Engineer will include:
* Undertaking a broad range of mechanical assessments, including linear, non-linear and dynamic finite element analyses.
* Making use of industry-wide tools and codes (such as fracture mechanics, fatigue, ASME codes and R6).
* Thoroughly reviewing all results from assigned tasks and determine if outputs are complete, correct, integrated with project objectives, and adequately documented.
* Reporting and presenting the analysis results.
* Follow existing processes and procedures and recommend process improvements where appropriate
What you need to be the successful Mechanical Stress Engineer:
In order to be the successful Mechanical Stress Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Strong ABACUS/ABAQAS software experience
* Aerospace experience/If not then Nuclear
* Finite Element Analysis Experience
* Experience of leading a project and junior stress engineers but aware that this is a hands-on role. The leading will be in addition to the hands-on aspect of the role
* A degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering (or a related discipline).
* Experience of finite element analysis and/or fracture mechanics methods applied to structural analysis.
* Candidates should demonstrate experience of problem identification, requirement capture, innovative problem solving and delivery of effective solutions.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and able to take a flexible approach in building good working relationships.
* Ability to plan and deliver to tight deadlines.
* Knowledge and skills in the following areas would be advantageous, although supplementary training will be given as necessary: Siemens NX, Teamcentre, MS Project.
* Knowledge in using Finite Element Analysis software such as: ANSYS Workbench, ABACUS, NASTRAN, SC03 etc.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Stress Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.