|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Liz Collins|
Mechanical Engineer - Bournemouth, Dorset
A new opportunity has come available for a Mechanical Engineer looking to join an organisation going through rapid expansion. New Product Development (NPI) within aerospace or electro-mechanical systems engineering, together with design experience is essential for this role.
- Competitive salary depending on proven ability and industry exposure
- Bonus Scheme (Variable up to 7.5%)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Dental Plan
- On-site Gym
Some of the main responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer will include:
- To provide technical guidance and support project delivery, working alongside and support internal and external resources to deliver projects through requirements definition, analysis, design, development and qualification.
- Manage customers and external suppliers to ensure compliance with agreed processes and achievement of project objectives.
- Work with Programme Management to ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with technical, cost and schedule requirements.
- Estimate resource requirements, plan projects and report progress.
- Establish clear requirements baselines prior to commencement of design or change activity.
- Define and lead analyses in support of system design, integration and change assessment.
- Actively contribute to and/or lead defined aspects of the project to achieve optimal balance between requirements, schedule and cost.
- Manage technical risks
As a Mechanical Engineer you should ideally be equipped with the following skills and qualifications:
- A degree in mechanical/aerospace engineering and/or equivalent experience.
- A strong understanding of mechanical or electro-mechanical engineering in the context of aerospace products (weapons carriage & release highly desirable.
- Experience of NPI/ new product design and development within an Aerospace environment
- An understanding of the operation and maintenance of military aircraft, particularly fast jets & trainer aircraft, would be highly desirable
- An understanding of airworthiness and certification is highly desirable.
- Experience of liaison with customers and suppliers
- Experience of the management of aerospace development projects
- Understanding of systems engineering methods
This permanent opportunity could suit a Mechanical Engineer recently graduated with relevant engineering discipline, or maybe a Mechanical Engineer looking to step into an integrated projects team. Candidates must be eligible for Security Clearance.
If you are a Mechanical Engineer with a desire to be part of a dynamic team, or are looking for a new challenge which will further develop you career, then we would like to hear from you. Make an application and you will receive a call to discuss your career objectives.