|Location: Reading, Berkshire||Salary: £100000 - £110000 per annum|
|Sector: Pharmaceuticals||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 10 days ago|
Medical Franchise Lead
The Medical Franchise Lead is accountable for leading the medical affairs function within their defined therapy area across the UK and Ireland. This will include:
- Leading the provision of appropriate medical input to the GBU (UK and IE) within their therapy area so that Marketing, Sales and Promotion, provision of Medical Information, and support to Pharmacovigilance and Regulatory Affairs is conducted to high standards consistent with current legal and ethical considerations and Corporate policy
- Providing leadership, management and development to the Medical Adviser(s), Scientific Advisor(s) and Medical Science Liaison(s) within the GBU aligning talent and succession planning across Franchises.
- Leading the Therapy Evidence Generation Programme to meet the local business, regulatory, access and ethical requirements as well as influencing the global medical affairs therapy strategy to support the local requirements
- Overseeing all KOL interactions within the therapy area to ensure appropriate engagements in line with KOL needs, compliance requirements and ethical considerations
- Leading ethical compliance within the therapy area working collaboratively with compliance, transparency and other divisions to ensure a common approach to all customer facing code requirements
- Providing medical support to other functions in the aligned therapy teams where necessary eg patient engagements, HTA submissions.
- UK Registered and Licensed Medical Practitioner actively engaged in revalidation.
- With or working towards a higher Medical Qualification (Normally Membership or Fellowship of a Medical Royal College or Faculty)
- Minimum clinical experience of having completed Core Medical Training is required
- Specialist accreditation and/or be undertaking Pharmaceutical Medicine Specialist Training is desired
- Knowledge of therapeutic area, including key opinion leaders is desired
- 5 years plus Pharmaceutical Industry experience covering the leadership of a broad set of medical activities including clinical trials, medical affairs, compliance and external engagement
- Experience of setting, balancing and managing a budget to target
- Ability to lead, manage and develop teams.
- Detailed knowledge of Regulatory guidelines, Medicines Act and the Human Medicines Regulations, ABPI Code of Practice and standard operating procedures, and experience of their implementation within the business environment including final signatory status
- Principles and practice of medical affairs including clinical trial design, management, analysis and reporting, including GCP
- Knowledge of the structure and management of the NHS
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.