|Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire||Salary: £30000 - £50000 per annum + dependant on experience|
|Sector: Medical Communications||Specialism:|
|Type: Temporary||Contact: Daniel Paine|
Medical Writer - Manchester / Macclesfield
We are delighted to team up with our client in Manchester / Macclesfield to bring you this long-term contract with the possibility of going perm as a Medical Writer for an amazing opportunity to work with a great team on different projects and business processes.
As a Medical Writer you will be responsible for creating high-quality written materials across a range of media, including slides, manuscripts, posters, meeting reports and websites in collaboration with our clinical advisors and PR team.
Here's an idea of what you will be doing:
The Medical Writer will contribute to the development of high-quality, medically accurate documents, in the field of oncology, addressing different target audiences.
Depending on the scope and nature of each project, this responsibility will include: content development (writing), editing, conducting background research, data checking, reference annotation and taking minutes at meetings.
Other responsibilities will include assistance with strategic publication planning and meetings' support.
- Content development of written materials (e.g. abstracts, posters, slides, manuscripts, and a wide range of other medical communication activities)
- Builds an increasing knowledge of the science/medicine of thrombosis to the degree required for effective communication with internal team members, clients, authors and target audiences
- Conducts searches of the published medical literature and other sources of medical, marketing and drug development information as directed by the team members
- Maintains and organizes electronic reference libraries using EndNote
- Uploads files and complete submission for abstracts and manuscripts
- Maintains the publication plans for various studies
- Works with multidisciplinary project teams and external advisors to ensure projects are delivered within-budget, on-time and on-message
You should recognise yourself here:
- A sound scientific understanding and strong writing ability
- An aptitude for interpreting data and distilling complex scientific information into engaging and effective content, with a keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to find and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar and check text for consistency, clarity and accuracy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A high level of personal motivation and initiative
- The ability to work independently and effectively in a team across multiple projects
- A flexible and proactive attitude, with the ability to prioritize and work to tight deadlines without compromising quality
- A PhD or MSc in life sciences
- Proven previous experience as a Medical Writer within Oncology
- Some project management experience
- Experience in working with collaborative, cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and processes
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK in order to be considered for this role.