|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £25000 - £28000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Bradley Lamb||Job Published: 15 days ago|
Metal Fitter needed for a large Aerospace organisation based in Bedfordshire. They're looking to employ an experienced Metal Fitter; the ideal candidate will be a team player and a confident individual with a positive and loyal attitude.
The successful Metal Fitter will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Up to £28,000 + Shift Allowance
- 26 day's holiday
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Life assurance
- Medical insurance
- Car parking
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Metal Fitter will include:
- Carry out all aspects of fitting activity (hand working surfaces to remove machine marks, blending component joint lines to remove steps/gaps, fitting precision components and assembling models, installing pressure tubing) as directed by the Fitting Section TL and/or Leading Hand.
- Monitor the serviceability of Fitting Section machines, equipment and tooling, and report potential problems to the Fitting Section TL.
- When on shifts, ensure a safe and timely handover of the work in progress to the incoming shift and TL, ensuring that adequate notes and technical advice are available.
- Make recommendations for process improvement in Fitting techniques, where appropriate, to the Fitting Section TL.
- Observe Quality Standards and Health and Safety procedures.
- Undertake additional metal model making as requested by the Fitting Section Team Leader or MMC Team Leader, from time to time.
What you need to be the successful Metal Fitter:
In order to be the successful Metal Fitter and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- A time served, fully skilled engineer/toolmaker in the role of a metal model maker.
- Solid understanding (at least foundation level) of other MMC skills such as EDM wiring and plunge, turning, jig boring, grinding and CNC machining.
- Loyal, able to trust and directly support direct supervisors and line management.
- Experienced in the effective and efficient bench fitting of components, sub-assemblies and assemblies.
- Self-motivated and keen to develop engineering skills to full potential.
- Willing to mentor and coach less experienced staff.
- Flexible and positive attitude, willing to go the extra mile to ensure deadlines are met.
- High attention to detail.
- Drive and commitment to improve own skills, and be receptive to new ideas and ways of working.
- Can-do attitude to overcoming technical problems as soon as they arise.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Metal Fitter to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!