|Location: Helmsdale, Highlands||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Utilities & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Metering Operative (external)
Salary - competitive
Location - North East Scotland
Hours - Monday to Friday, 7:00am - 17:00pm
Metering Operative needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading utilities and civil engineering company.
Benefits for the Metering Operative:
My client offers a competitive salary, brilliant benefits & fantastic career progression
Purpose of the Metering Operative:
The Metering Operative is responsible for the safe works on the Scottish water network replacing and removing water metres.
Some of the main duties the Metering Operative will include:
* Installation and replacement of assets on the water network
* Complying with all Health, Safety and legislation requirements
* Ability to work alternative hours
* Ability to work away from home for periods at a time (home at weekends)
* Working in a safe manner, able to carry out risk assessments
* Good communication skills required.
* Able to work as part of a team. Communicating with planners supervisors and managers when required
What you need to be the successful Metering Operative:
* Experience of carrying out a Metering Operative role or equivalent within the water sector
* Knowledge of fittings and meters could be an advantage
* NRSWA street works qualification
* Plant operator up to 10 tonne
* Full UK Driving Licence with the ability to tow trailer / mini digger
* Abrasives wheel trained
* DOMs Trained
* Computer Literate with the ability of using PDA's / Smart Phone technology
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Metering Operative to progress their career within the Utilities industry.