|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum + Ben's|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Microwave/Magnetron Design Engineer
Essex: Commutable from, Romford, Chelmsford, Colchester, Harlow, and Southend
Very Competitive Salary & Benefits
I have a great opportunity for a Microwave/Magnetron Design Engineer to join a very successful and growing Electronics Technology company based in Essex. In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Leading the design of magnetron devices and other related microwave devices
- Lead the application of CAE tools in device design
- Ensure prompt and robust resolution of design, construction and performance issues in support of product and project managers
The scope covers development projects and legacy product improvements. As well as providing the electronic architecture of the product it is also essential to work with other team members and functions to ensure that the stakeholders' requirements, whether technical (performance, life), commercial (cost, profitability) and manufacturing (high yield, low risk, de-skilled) can be met.
Some of the main duties of the Microwave/Magnetron Design Engineer will include:
- Review customer & stakeholder specifications & requirements. Prepares technical responses on feasibility and statement of compliance
- Defines and documents the electronic architecture of the device balancing competing performance, commercial and manufacturing requirements are met.
- Ensures the critical to quality features of the design are determined and communicated to mechanical/vacuum engineers - includes materials, critical tolerances and sensitivities.
- Leads activity to define the design failure mechanisms using a structured approach DfMEA.
- Works with systems engineers to define requirements for product such as test equipment and protection.
- Works with project managers to define work package breakdown
- Works with test engineers to define test and characterisation requirements to evaluate the performance of the new devices and to resolve issues
- Satisfies customers (internal and external) with fast, accurate and technically competent resolution of applications issues throughout the product lifecycle
- Identifies IPR/patent issues and opportunities ensuring these are assessed and drives raising of claims as required
- Engages in technical progress reviews and provides updates to project manager and/or customer, continually checking expectations
- Engages in technical project closure process to ensure key learning points and outstanding technical issues are captured
- Underwrites changes to product build standard post the product launch as might be driven by continuous improvement activities, obsolescence, legislative or regulatory changes
- Verifies and signs off that all technical deliverables from the project meet the defined and agreed standards including design review documentation, ECR's, design configuration and manufacturing processes
- Identifies/evaluates appropriate products to satisfy new business opportunities
In order to be the successful Microwave/Magnetron Design Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Knowledge of magnetron design including practical experience of architecture, processing & test performance and critical to quality features
- Knowledge of magnetron applications especially industrial heating, radar and radiotherapy systems
- Use of electrical, thermal, microwave test and measurement equipment
- Knowledge of advanced microwave principles,
- Hot test experience (performance evaluation),
- Working knowledge of available design tools for magnetrons including CAE for design and analysis
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Microwave/Magnetron Design Engineer to join a forward thinking organisation that is making all the right changes for the future. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!