|Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Harriet Houlton|
Java Developer needed for a software company based in Maidenhead who are looking to employ an experienced Java Developer with an in-depth knowledge of Core Java, Spring, Microservices and Multithreading.
The successful Java Developer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- 25 days holiday + public holidays
- 10% bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Group Pension Scheme
Some of the main duties of the Java Developer will include:
- Design, implement and unit test critical software solutions for components of the company's Embedded product
- Drive, and influence architectural and design decisions within the team and in the wider, distributed engineering organization
- Work closely with stakeholders including product management & professional services teams to understand requirements and deliver product functionality that meets customer needs
- Work closely with other members of the engineering organization on design iterations, code reviews, security, performance, testability, and inter-operability.
- Work closely with Technical Support to resolve customer issues. Investigate, analyze, and fix identified defects.
- Debug complex problems reported by customers and resolve them with appropriate release vehicles
- Plan work by making accurate estimates and task breakdowns. Meet regular deadlines in an iterative process
- Other related duties as assigned
In order to be the successful Java Developer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Expertise in object oriented analysis and design using Java/J2EE technology
- Expertise in using Server side Java technologies including JMS, EJB, JDBC, Servlets, multi threading
- Relational Database skills including SQL constructs, transactions, locking, stored procedures
- Experienced in using WebService technologies including protocols like SOAP / JSON
- Knowledge of J2EE Design Patterns and frameworks like Spring / Struts
- Be a self-starter and able to work in a disciplined environment that emphasizes quality
- Must be able to multi-task and adjust quickly to shifting priorities
- Experience on Windows, Mac and Linux platforms