|Location: Newport, Wales||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum + Package|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Munitions Charge Design Engineer
Location: Newport / Cwmbran area
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 + Full Benefits Package
Key Skills: Design, Munitions, Development, Test, Charges, Trials, Quality SYSTEMS, Risk Management, Customer Liaison, Risk Management
Munitions Charge Design Engineer required to join my client based in South Wales.
Working from site my client is looking to add another Design Engineer to their growing team. Working with this established, international company, they are looking for a motivated Design Engineer to aid in the development of complex munitions projects. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please read on!
To work as part of a small team as part of the heavy munitions business.
So, what will you be doing as a Munitions Charge Design Engineer?
- Design, development, test and evaluation activities of new and legacy propelling charges.
- Conducting and managing trials in a safe and suitable manner, from the trials planning stage to completion of the trial and presentation of the data.
- Development and use safe systems of work for Engineering tasks.
- Interface with suppliers, both internal and external, to ensure that development activities are completed to time and schedule.
- Development of quality systems.
- Contribution to the Life Cycle Management Process where required.
- Contribution to the Risk Management process.
- Liaison with customers - both internal and external as demanded.
What are we looking for in our Munitions Charge Design Engineer?
- Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Experience working within the Chemical/Chemical Engineering industry.
- Experience of hazard identification, risk assessment and mitigation in support of trial or test activities.
- Experience in the planning and conduct of evaluation trials.
- Proven ability to take ownership, prioritise and deliver objectives within development projects to ensure completion within agreed time-scales and to required standard.
- A good understanding of project/risk management and the ability to use associated tools and techniques.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a proven capability in development projects in particular system integration.
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills, experience and desire to provide exceptional Design Engineering expertise, this is the opportunity for you!
If you are interested in joining a well-established, internationally renowned, globally recognised organisation at the cutting edge of technology as the new Design Engineer, hit that apply button now!
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD VALID (SC) SECURITY CLEARANCE BEFORE BEING ABLE TO START.