|Location: Glasgow||Salary: + Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: about 1 month ago|
Job Title: Naval Architect - Weights
Location: Glasgow, Bristol, Portsmouth
Salary: £DOE + Package
Key Skills: Design, Weights, Distribution, Strength, Balance, Architecture, Defence, Surface Fleet, Engineering, Maritime, Naval, Stability, Hull Development, Equilibrium
An experienced Naval Architect is required to play a key role in the development of engineering design and production output data for weights for surface ships. This will include overall management responsibility for a large Weights engineering team, interfacing with multiple customers and suppliers to ensure delivery is within cost, schedule and quality targets.
So, what will you be doing as a Naval Architect?
- Acting as the Subject Matter Expert within the Team for Weights, remaining up to date with legislation, class rules and design changes across Global Combat Ship Programmes that will affect the design or contracted deliverables
- Conduct complex weight related technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and preparing reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems
- Developing designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards and carrying out design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained
- Managing resourcing within the team, including progression and development of engineers, organising training as required and addressing performance issues, ensuring correct levels of Suitably Qualified Experienced Person (SQEP) and capability in the team
- Producing reports, calculations and contractual deliverables associated with Weights engineering area. This also includes design reviews.
- Carrying out team planning, risk management and ensuring quality across all scopes of work
What are we looking for in our next Naval Architect?
- Degree or equivalent qualification or experience in Naval Architecture/Ship Science/Marine Engineering or a relevant Mechanical or Engineering subject
- Experience managing or leading a team
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary design environment on a major construction engineering project
- Experience managing weights/margins and understanding the impact of weights on the design solution ideally within a maritime/marine environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Warship design highly desirable
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Naval Architect, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Naval Architect, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.