|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Contract - Initial 3 months
Naval Architect required for a globally recognised defence / maritime company who are based in Portsmouth. My client are looking for a Naval Architect on an initial 3 month contract to work on an exciting project.
The succesful candidate will take an existing midship section for a design and...
- Confirm compliance with Lloyds Rules for Naval Ships (LRNS) NS1, SA1 notation requirements
- Produce additional selected ship structural sections to same notatio
- Produce scantling plans, structural profile and sheer plan for class Plan Approva
- Identify structural arrangement for deckhouse, including expansion joints if needed
All applicants must already be security cleared (SC) for this role.
Key Experience and Knowledge needed for Naval Architect:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of large ship structures and Class Rules
- Experience of scantling derivation to Class Rules and producing set of Scantling Plans.
- Ability to find novel solutions for complex structural problems
- Ability to lead small project team
- Good awareness of design for production
- Understanding of design development of vessels and systems
- Ability to manage the requirements of multidisciplinary stakeholders
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Ship Constructor or similar
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Commercial and UK Military Marine industry
To apply for this exciting 3 month contract opportunity for a Naval Architect please press 'apply now'.