|Location: City of London, London||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Stalla Xystra||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Our client a growing FinTech organisation based in London are seeking a Network and Communication Specialist to join their team. Salary on offer is £45k to £55k per annum depending on experience.
The role is based on UK working hours however the role may require the candidate to work unsocial hours and participate in an on-call rota.
- Ability to communicate with external clients, ensuring you provide "customer facing" advice for new setup, as well as troubleshooting other issues working with customers with varying levels of network expertise.
- Day to day running of the network, managing essential documentation, upgrades, patches and ensure network skills and knowledge are maintained throughout the teams.
- The candidate will be required to provide input to both the tactical and strategic direction for network and security architecture in the company as a whole.
- The candidate must have an in depth knowledge and experience running Cisco networks, ideally in a finance or similar secured environment.
- Experience of managing Palo Alto firewalls is essential including rule based troubleshooting, VPN management, and appliance configuration management.
- Due to the nature of the role, the candidate may be required to work on other aspects of the infrastructure, such as Windows Servers, VMware and cloud services, so additional experience in these areas would be highly desirable.
Skills, Ability and Experience
- In-depth Cisco Network management and architecture strategy.
- Network high availability and disaster recovery design and implementation.
- Network security, Palo Alto Firewall Management and troubleshooting.
- Palo Alto and Cisco ASA VPN setup and troubleshooting.
- ISP management, global network management and troubleshooting.
- Network security experience in either in PCI DSS, finance, or a similar secured network environment
- Alerting, Capacity and configuration management.
- Cisco Certified qualifications.
- Palo Alto networks qualifications.
- Degree Educated.
- Cloud integration experience.
- IDS/IPS, Tacacs+, radius, SNMP etc.
- Software defined networking.
- VMWare and VMware network integration.
- Windows OS, networking.
- AppDynanics/SNMP integration.