|Location: Blandford Forum||Salary: Market Rate|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 30 days ago|
Network Architect / Administrator
Blandford / Bristol
3 Month Contract
SC Clearance Required
Network Architect needed for a leading defence engineering & IT organisation based in Blandford / Bristol who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Network Architect that takes pride in their work.
The role will join an existing team as it transitions from development to supporting test and experimentation on a large scale tactical communications project within the defence industry. Some travel expected to other sites also engaging with the client's project.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Network Architect will include:
- Engage with the existing system to understand the system network architecture currently resident within the system
- Develop the projects network architecture in-line with tactical communications architecture and wider the vision.
- Provide a system administrator function for the operation of the system.
- Server Installation.
- Network Administration. A Network Administrator will perform the design, configuration management and lifecycle support of networked IT systems. This shall include the ability to build, install, configure, rapidly re-configure, upgrade, maintain, back-up, manage, patch and troubleshoot servers, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc.
- A key feature of this role will be the participation in Knowledge Transfer from other organizations.
- Previous experience of designing, building, installing and setting-to-work a similar system.
- An acceptable level of knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft product set listed to enable configuration of the system to operate at Secret.
- An ability to complete the activities without supervision.
- The Contractor shall configure servers for use. This shall include as a minimum:
(1) Patch servers, networking equipment, storage devices, etc. to the latest update possible. The servers will be configured to create a locked-down Windows domain with associated network routing to enable the servers to be used individually or as a group at up to SECRET classification
(2) Implement the IP addressing and configure the servers as directed by the Technical Lead as required;
(3) Install and configure anti-virus software on the servers
(4) Configure the GFE provided spare HDDs with a disk image of the server configuration.
(5) Creation of supporting technical documentation on the set-up, operation, maintenance and use of the servers, the Contractor shall engage with the Technical Lead to agree the scope of these documents.
What experience you need to be the successful Network Architect:
- Significant experience of writing documents, plans and reports.
- Experience configuring test environments for System Integration and Test activity
- Experience performing daily system monitoring including:
- Verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes
- Reviewing system and application logs
- Verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Experience with the following technologies/services:
Microsoft Exchange Administration
(b) Remote Desktop Services
(c) Network Access Protection
(d) Network Policy and Access Services
(e) Group Policy
(f) Active Directory Domain Services
(g) Internet Information Services
(h) Windows Deployment services
(i) Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
(j) Active Directory Certificate Services
(k) Lync Server
(l) Microsoft SQL Manager
(m) Microsoft System Centre 2012 Operations Manager
(n) Microsoft System Centre 2012 Configuration Manager
(o) Microsoft System Centre 2012 Endpoint Protection
(p) Microsoft System Centre Virtual Machine Manager
(q) Microsoft System Centre 2012 Data Protection Manager
(r) Windows 10 Client Operating System
(s) Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare
(t) Data Distribution Services Middleware Implementation
(u) Router and Firewall Installation and Configuration
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Network Architect to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply for this role, applicants must be eligible to undergo and obtain a high level of UK Security Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.