|Location: Kings Hill, Kent||Salary: £21000 - £21900 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Andriana Panayi|
Job Title: Network Control Centre Steward
Team: Maintenance and Operations
Job type: Permanent
Location: Kings Hill, Kent.
Salary: £21,000 to £21,900 per annum
Shifts will be 12 hours each and follow a pattern of 2 day shifts, 2 night shifts then 4 days off.
Reports to: NCC supervisor
Responsible for e.g. team size, budget.
Job Summary of Network Control Centre Steward:
We are looking for a Network Control Centre Steward to become part of a shift team delivering incident response and winter maintenance services via a 24/7 Network Control Centre. Responsible for receipt of incident and winter related communication including accurate logging in to a database. The establishment and maintenance of excellent working relationships with the Traffic Officer Service, the Highways Agency Area team, the police and other agencies involved in incident and winter activities within company Area's and surrounding networks. Ensuring company's commercial targets are met.
Main responsibilities e.g. health & safety, professional, technical operation, managerial, administrative:
* Effective and timely coordination of response to Network Incidents.
* Efficient recording of information relating to Incidents.
* Manning a 24/7 Control Centre on a shift based rota.
* Acting as first point of contact for the Business and being responsible for ensuring that the appropriate course of action is taken for each issue reported.
* Receive telephone calls from the Highways Agency, police and local authorities relating to incidents on the Network.
* Prioritising incoming calls/demands & make appropriate decisions in accordance with Traffic Incident Response Plans and the company Incident Response Matrix.
* Monitor Incident Support resource whereabouts.
* Deploy and manage resources at incidents on the Network.
* Liaise with deployed resources to ensure any additional support is correctly identified and provided.
* Maintain contact with the Regional Control Centre, and Emergency Services during an incident.
* Obtaining and recording of customer Third Party details regarding incidents on the Network.
* Pass relevant information to the Highways Agency where necessary.
* Input incident data on to a computer database.
* Update and finalise computer based incident logs as necessary.
* Monitor traffic flows via CCTV and deploy resources in response to traffic build up or an incident.
* Monitor weather forecasting systems during the winter maintenance season
* Updating Schedule of Roadworks Real Time Reporting information on to IT based system
* Establish, maintain and continually update a database of information relevant to the operation of the Network, including Emergency call out contact details.
* Accurately disseminate information to the relevant departments.
* Receiving and dealing with calls from members of the public regarding customer service issues and dealing with complaints
* Supporting management by recording and analysing data in order to compile reports.
* Carrying out 'housekeeping' & administrative tasks as required.
* Contributing ideas towards the continuous improvement of the role.
* Comply with requirements of the Integrated Business Management System
* Comply with relevant health and safety legislation.
* Operation of the Radio based telecommunications systems
Essential attributes of Network Control Centre Steward :
* Written and spoken English
* Full Driving Licence
* Working with VDU and other IT related equipment.
* Working knowledge of Office 2003+ applications, including Word, Excel & Outlook.
* Able to interpret geographical information using GIS tools.
* Able to input and interpret data in the company IBMS+ system.
* Able to manage an incident database maintaining an accurate and timely log of events
* Able to operate radio based telecommunication system
* Both written & verbal skills are required in order to effectively communicate with partners and emergency resources through various methods including telephone, radio and data
Desirable attributes of Network Control Centre Steward :
* Some previous Network Control Centre or Call Centre Experience