|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for an Network Systems Engineer to join them at their Bedfordshire location. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
The role is for an enthusiastic, motivated and professional mid-career System Engineer who is interested in involvement in the development of any and all aspects of complex systems across the whole systems engineering lifecycle.
Key areas of work will include requirements analysis, system design, supplier technical liaison, preparation and presentation of supplier acceptance evidence, integration and test of system components, fault analysis, change proposal generation and assistance in the development of qualification tests and evidence.
Initial and future roles could be within any business unit on site and any product be it an Armoured Fighting Vehicle, a Battlefield Management System, a Research and Development project or a space mission system to name some possibilities.
A broad General / Systems engineer with practical knowledge and experience of designing, configuring and maintaining Ethernet Network Systems, as categorised by the following essential skills:
- Demonstrable understanding of Ethernet network level performance in sensitive load balancing and security partitioned applications.
- Knowledge and Experience of Small High Performance LANs consisting of the following:
- Layer 2 IEEE 802.3 Managed Switches
- 100/1000BASE-T / 10GBASE-SR/LR
- ARP: RFC 826
- Inverse ARP: RFC 2390
- ICMP: RFC 792, 950, 4884, 6633 & 6918
- Spanning Tree: IEEE 802.1D, 802.1Q
- IGMPv2: RFC 2236
- VLAN: IEEE 802.1Q
- Class of Service: IEE 802.1Q
- DiffServ: RFC 2474
- Link Aggregation: IEEE 802.3AD / IEEE 802.1AX
- SNMP v2c: IETF RFC 1901 to 1908
- Network Traffic Filtering
- Experience of CISCO and Non-CISCO managed switches.
- Knowledge and Experience of Firewall performance, configuration and limitations. Ideally including:
- Traffic diagnostic analysis tools such as WireShark, iPerf, PackETH, Nmap and Ostinato.
- Ideal: Real-time video distribution using RTP/SAP, with Def Stan 00-82 a bonus
- Ideal: Data Distribution Service (DDS)
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.