|Location: Fort William, Highlands||Salary: £18000 - £24000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Liz Collins||Job Published: 12 days ago|
Network Technician needed to work in the capacity of a Trunk Road Network Safety Technician for a leading road maintenance organisation based in Inverlochy who are looking to employ an experienced Network Technician with an interest in identifying and recording trunk road asset defects and design the necessary repairs in accordance with the requirements of the 4th Generation Term Contract for Management and Maintenance of the Scottish Trunk Road Network.
The successful Network Technician will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £18,000 - £24,000 per annum
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Interesting and diverse workload
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Network Technician will include:
* Undertake weekly inspections, weekly patrols and ad hoc inspections on the trunk road network to identify Category 1 and Category 2 defects of the assets as defined in the Transport Scotland Trunk Road Inspection Manual
* Accurately recording of Category 1 and Category 2 defects in the Routine Maintenance Management function of the Transport Scotland Integrated Road Information System
* Design of operations in accordance with the requirements of the 4th Generation Term Contract and the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges to repair Category 1 and Category 2 defects
* Preparation of Operations Instructions for the client's operations team and supply chain partners to facilitate the repair of defects
* Ensure that Health and Safety at Work requirements and CDM 2015 Regulations are complied with.
* Liaison with members of the public as required.
* Any other reasonable duties delegated by the Trunk Road Network Safety Team Leader.
* Assist the Directors, Operating Company Representative and Design Manager as required.
What you need to be the successful Network Technician:
In order to be the successful Network Technician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* An appropriate academic qualification in civil engineering would be preferable
* Membership of an appropriate engineering institution
* Experience working in a similar environment
* A good knowledge of the DMRB
* Sound commercial awareness
* Able to work to strict deadlines
* Good computer skills
* Good communications skills
* A full approved UK driving license
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Network Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!