|Location: Buckinghamshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: James Giblin|
NPI Quality Engineer
NPI Quality Engineer needed for a leading Aerospace organisation based in Buckinghamshire who are looking to employ an experienced Quality Technician who has experience verifying products in accordance with approved design documentation and accurately report deviations.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the NPI Quality Engineer will include:
- To drive and support the successful execution of new projects throughout the project lifecycle to successful handover to production.
- Support the Product Development process through all lifecycle Gates and Design Reviews
- Provide assurance that all Customer requirements are well defined and executed as agreed
- Verify products with approved design documentation and accurately report deviations
- Conduct internal product, process and procedure audits throughout product development
- Facilitate and assist Root Cause Problem Solving activities with Engineering/IPTs
- Represent the Quality Department at Customer, Supplier and cross-functional reviews and meetings
- Provide Software and Hardware Assurance and Audit.
- Control software test and release status via software library management
- Establish Continuous Improvement through Business Initiatives and Lessons Learned
- Implement effective/efficient processes to manage Quality Costs throughout product lifecycle
- Act as customer focal for problem resolution during Life Cycle Management phases prior to successful PRR
- Establish project Quality Plans to support flow-down of customer contractual requirements
- Support and initiate root cause investigations and implement corrective/preventative actions
- Represent Quality at Design Reviews and assess and assure process compliance
- Review and update documented Quality processes and procedures
- Build relationships with interested parties internally and externally
- Influence decision making through data collection and analysis
- Establish and verify key characteristics through product and process validation
- Introduce and maintain robust quality controls into the design and development process
- Evaluate and improve product quality using tools and techniques eg. FMEA, APQP
- Ensure initial product requirements fully capture customer quality expectations
- Support definition and mitigation of risks throughout product development
- Establish, Measure and improve identified Quality KPI's for programmes
- Define process controls necessary to accomplish product compliance
- Develop an Engineering Quality Culture of procedure, process and policy adherence
- Establish pro-active FOD prevention and management controls
- Ensure Product Safety is considered and evaluated throughout development
- Control test and release status of software through configuration management
- Ensure Configuration Management processes meet all Customer requirements
What you need to be the successful NPI Quality Engineer:
In order to be the successful NPI Quality Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience in driving quality improvement in the NPI process
- Understanding of Aerospace, Quality System and Regulatory Standards, AS9100, AS9145, APQP, EASA Part 21G and J.
- Conversant with application of RCCA techniques
- Program and time management skills
- Understanding of quality improvement tools
- Mechanical and electrical inspection experience
- Auditor trained and qualified
- Beneficial to have experience of DO178 & 254
- Beneficial to have Software Control experience
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a NPI Quality Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.