|Location: Plymouth, Devon||Salary: £45000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus and Ben's|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Nuclear Assurance Consultant
£45,000 - £60,000 (Dep on exp) + Bonus + Benefits
Working within the defence Naval Nuclear Assurance team which is predominantly based in Plymouth, successful candidates will work with clients to provide safety and assurance support throughout the life-cycle of their systems, from concept through to disposal.
Whilst not exclusive, the majority of the work is focused within the submarine environment. You will provide safety assurance support to dockyard facilities as they are upgraded such that they continue to service current submarine classes, or are developed to support future submarine classes. The role also involves conducting reviews and analysis on submarine structures, systems and components, compiling structured safety arguments such that options for life extensions/through life management can be identified in line with regulatory and legal requirements.
The successful applicant will possess experience in some of the following areas:
- Submarine system operation (Ex-submariners welcome, especially A1, A and B Watchkeepers)
- Excellent communication skills. e.g. an ability to present (verbally and in writing) well- structured and justified arguments
- Submarine facility experience
- Safety Case development and management
- Probabilistic Safety Assessment, e.g. Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) and Event Tree Analysis (ETA)
- Design Substantiation
- Independent Safety Audit
- Safety Management Strategy / System / Plan development
- Hazard Identification and Analysis (HAZOP, SWIFT, FMEA)
- Safety Argument Structuring, e.g. Goal Structuring Notation (GSN)
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Derivation and Assessment / Software Safety Assessment
- ALARP Assessment
Depending on your experience level, there will also be some Project Management and Business Development tasks to deliver in line with the needs of a successful engineering consultancy.
Career satisfaction and reward for ongoing commitment are what you can expect working here. Actively support opportunities exist for training and development. There are also some excellent benefits you'll want to take advantage of.
We provide our people with an excellent benefits package that comprises:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Bonus scheme linked to company performance
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Flexible start and finish time
- Season rail ticket loan
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.