|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Nuclear||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Nuclear Engineer (Stress / Safety or Physics)
We are looking for talented and motivated engineers to strengthen a multi-disciplinary team, providing consultancy services to the nuclear industry, across a diverse range of technical skills.
This role supports nuclear clients as they move from the evaluation of concepts, to operation, through to life extension and finally deconstruction and decommissioning.
We are looking for graduates or engineers with up to 5 years' experience, in one of the following fields:
- Stress analysis
- Nuclear safety
- Physics and Technology of Nuclear Reactors
We pride ourselves on delivering high quality and innovative solutions to meet our customer's requirements. You will join our successful team, contributing to a diverse portfolio of projects across the nuclear industry. Depending on your level or experience, you will have regular contact with clients throughout a project, typically defining the work scope and preparing proposals, you will undertake the work itself and will prepare and deliver the results to the client. You will manage tasks to time, cost and quality expectations and you will develop future business.
You will be working towards, or will have, a good degree in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline.
Whilst not essential, it would be advantageous if you demonstrate capability or experience in any of the following:
- Previous experience working in the nuclear industry.
- Have some knowledge of AGR core technology.
- An aptitude for, or experience, building client relationships and generating business.
- Have some programming or software experience.
- Have an appreciation of, or experience in applying, finite element packages, pressure vessel and pipework design codes, or defect tolerance assessments.
- Have an appreciation of, or experience in safety case development or nuclear safety legislation, regulation and policy.