|Location: Plymouth, Devon||Salary: £40000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Nuclear Safety Consultant (Naval Facility)
£40,000 - £55,000 dep on experience + Bonus, Bupa, Pension, Gym, Life Cover, 25 Days Hol etc
Working within the Naval Nuclear Safety Engineering Team you will work with clients to provide safety support throughout the lifecycle of their systems, from concept through to disposal.
The majority of the work is focussed on providing assurance that the Dockyard Facilities are upgraded/developed such that they are capable to support current and future submarine classes, or conducting analysis on submarine structures, systems and components such that options for life extensions/through life management can be identified in line with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Safety Management Strategy / System / Plan development
- Probabilistic Safety Assessment, e.g. Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) and Event Tree Analysis (ETA)
- Safety Argument Structuring, e.g. Goal Structuring Notation (GSN)
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Derivation and Assessment / Software Safety Assessment
- Safety Case development and management
- Hazard Identification and Analysis (HAZOP, SWIFT, FMEA)
- Hazard Log Management
- Risk Assessment and Management
- ALARP Assessment
- Design Substantiation
- Independent Safety Audit
- Regulatory Interface and Support
- Standards / Policy / Guidance review and update
Depending on grade, there will also be project management and business development tasks to deliver in line with the needs of a successful engineering consultancy.