|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 21 days ago|
Nuclear Structural Engineer - Based in Bristol - Permanent position
I am looking for a talented and motivated engineer to strengthen my client's multi-disciplinary team, providing consultancy services to one of their key clients in the nuclear industry. I am looking for graduates, or engineers with up to 5 years' experience, with a focus on the structural assessment of safety critical components.
Required skills for the successful Nuclear Structural Engineer
- You will be working towards, or will have, a good degree in a Mechanical Engineering, or other structural assessment related discipline.
- An appreciation of, or experience of, finite element analysis, pressure vessel and pipework design codes, creep rupture and/or defect tolerance assessments.
- A desire to work in the nuclear industry.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Previous experience working in the nuclear industry.
- Some programming or software experience.
- An aptitude for, or experience, building client relationships and generating business.
- An appreciation of, or experience in safety case development or nuclear safety legislation, regulation and policy.
This is an opportunity to work on a wide variety of challenging, structural assessment projects and be part of a team striving to keep existing assets safely generating nuclear power. You will learn and apply key technical skills, which will be equally applicable to a wide range of industries, whilst also developing business development and project management expertise.
Please note that the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain high level government clearances.