|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £25000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Obsolescence Engineer required to join a globally established defence company in the Hampshire area. The Obsolescence Engineer will be supporting the Obsolescence team by providing Logistics Engineering support across the business. Ideally looking for a candidate with a few years experience from a defence or aerospace background.
On offer for the Obsolescence Engineer:
- Competitive salary up to £40,000
- Attractive benefits package that includes a 3 day weekend every 2 weeks.
- Career progression
Responsibilities of the Obsolescence Engineer include:
- Provide ILS knowledge to support the development of support solutions in support of UK programmes.
- Conduct of a range of Obsolescence engineering analyses and the resolution of obsolescence issues to support programmes and bids.
- Carry out the resolution process for all the obsolescence queries raised against products.
- Review Bills of Material, perform electronic component obsolescence analysis and COTS market analysis and present findings to management and customer
- Support the development of sustainment strategies including identification of alternate sources, items and modernization requirements.
- Identify and analyse support requirements from customer documentation such as the URD, SRD, SOW or SOR.
- Support the delivery and implementation of ILS activities including preparation of Support Plans (e.g. ISP, LSAP and other Element Plans), provide support to the design and development of Support Solutions
- Support the development of ILS bid documentation in support of proposal activities for military and commercial projects in accordance with the associated standards and guidance.
- Provide support to the design, management and implementation of ILS for current and future programmes.
- Understand and apply the principles of ILS standards including Def Stan 00-600, JSP886 and other equivalent standards.
- Carry out support analysis in sufficient detail to influence system design; conduct analysis and trade-off among architecture design alternatives.
- The creation of Basis of Estimates and associated programmes of work to develop the Support solutions.
- Understand the influence of Logistics analysis, Spares Modelling & Simulation in providing recommendations for spares and stocking solutions based on optimising Availability and Life Cycle Cost
- Provide ILS Support to the development of associated specialist support products
Required skillset for the Obsolescence Engineer:
- Understanding of ILS specifications and standards including Def Stan 00-600 and JSP886
- Knowledge, experience and application of ILS disciplines
- Knowledge of Obsolescence management and the application of BS EN 62402:2007
- Previous work experience, preferably in the aerospace sector
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and work well in a team environment
- Knowledge of electronic components and associated industry
Desired skills for the Obsolescence Engineer:
- Knowledge and experience of Helicopter Systems and Maritime capabilities
- Experience in R&M analysis, including FMECA, in support of the system design process and development of the R&M Case.
- Awareness of Software support planning and analysis.
- Experience of Logistics modelling
- Knowledge of Service Management techniques for service management projects, including use of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) methods.
- Knowledge of Training Needs Analysis (TNA), HFI, S&E.
All candidates going forward for the position must be eligible for Security Clearance.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.