|Location: Hove, East Sussex||Salary: £60000 - £75000 per annum + competitive benefits package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Oil & Gas||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Operational Excellence Consultant required to join a globally established leader in the generation and supply of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the UK's electricity. With a massive focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence the Operational Excellence Consultant will be joining the offices based close to Hove, East Sussex.
The Operational Excellence Consultant will be managing a team of Senior Practitioners to drive the Effective Operations Management programme. This is seen as a very high profile role that will offer significant career progression opportunities.
Nature and Scope
The Operational Excellence Consultant works in partnership with a range of senior managerial levels to deliver portfolios of OE work streams through the full OE intervention life cycle. The post holder will scope and analyse business processes and teams, creating actionable insights for consideration. They create solutions that provide low cost, tangible business benefit, against the backdrop of a robust business case and an appropriate level of risk. They are instrumental in shaping the structure and driving the pace of business change.
The assignments are large by nature and will span several business functions. The successful candidate will possess the experience and skills to influence and broker solutions with senior stakeholders, including members of corporate executive teams.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Graduate or equivalent business career, experienced in business analysis and having extensive operational experience
- Excellent proven investigative and analytical skills using a variety of Lean, Operational Excellence or Six Sigma techniques
- Widely proven ability to produce actionable insights from scoping and data analysis of a variety of service operations and able to plan large and complex OE interventions and to identify and engage the necessary resources to deliver them
- Experience of developing business benefit cases for large and complex business change work streams/interventions, including financial and numerical modelling and appraisal skills
- Extensive knowledge of business process analysis and design techniques, including the use of modelling and collaborative tools
- Excellent knowledge of Lean, Operational Excellence and Six Sigma methods and techniques
- Demonstrates exceptional communication, presentation and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, displaying confidence and professionalism with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders - engaging, managing and influencing where required
- Strong experience of programme and project management
- Exceptional workshop facilitation and interview skills, including negotiation, influencing, mediation and conflict management skills. Able to support the change process within the business and understand and deal with resistance
- An excellent knowledge of and proven track record in the use of Lean and OE tools
- LERC accredited to Advanced Practitioner or Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt preferable
- Extensive demonstrable experience and track record of delivering, facilitating and supporting Lean workshops/work streams across all levels of an organisation ideally within the Service and or Utilities sectors
- Proven track record of skills transfer and personal development of OE and Customers resources
- A "people person" who engenders trust, influences and changes behaviour with strong experience of delivering through others, leading multi skilled teams drawn together from OE and Customers
- Strong delivery focus
- Able to demonstrate actual personal impact on top line (revenue) and bottom line (cost/productivity) within prior roles/businesses
- Able to work with a wide range of stakeholders from various organisational contexts
- Strong commercial acumen that can identify, track and realise financial business benefits
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.