|Location: Enfield, London||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals, Utilities & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Operations Manager - Traffic Management
Based in Brimsdown
Looking for a new career within a successful business where the opportunities are endless?
We have a brilliant new vacancy for an Operations Manager to come join a main contractor within the highway, street lighting and electrical industry.
The role of the Operations Manager shall be to develop and secure a sustainable TM business in accordance within the business objectives and targets. They shall manage the on-site operations of the Traffic Management department, providing traffic management to public and private sector customers, whilst ensuring the works are carried out to the required level of quality, and to ensure that Health and Safety systems are in place to protect the workforce and members of the public.
Key Accountabilities for the Operations Manager:
* Plan and manage maintenance and project work in line with requirements, budgets and timelines
* Project a positive company attitude
* Proactively target and attract new customers
* Have a thorough understanding, and own, the profit and loss aspect of the TM department
* Ensure that appropriate labour, plant, transport and other resources are available to meet the operational requirements
* Preparation of the TM department for internal and external audits, in line with our QMS
* Assist with, and where necessary lead, traffic management bids
* Ensure all operatives are suitably qualified and trained for delivery activities
* Manage costs, outputs and performance to maximise profit recovery and minimise abortive and remedial work
* Have ownership of Traffic Management programme to ensure continuity of resources
* Ensure invoicing/applications are submitted to agreed timetables
* Hold regular financial reviews of works/project/contracts
* Carry out annual workforce appraisals with direct reports, and ensure personal performance objectives are achieved
* Assist in preparation of monthly CVR's
* Build and manage positive relationships with customers and suppliers
* Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction are achieved
* Accurate record keeping of works carried out, including measurement and reconciliation of all works
* Plan, programme and manage operations to ensure that the most cost-effective methods are being utilised
* Ensure that H & S processes and requirements are fully implemented across all operations
* Ensuring Method Statements and Risk Assessments are carried out, and those operatives and others engaged in the delivery of site-based activities are fully briefed prior to works commencing.
* Be aware of industry standards
* Support the supervisors in the delivery of their projects/contracts
* Attend client progress meetings
* Investigate all accidents/incidents and report findings
* Ensure regular internal reviews of projects/contracts are carried out
Key skills and experience for the Operations Manager:
* Relevant qualifications and certification for Traffic Management operations.
* Proven track record in effective management and delivery of Traffic Management operations.
* Strong co-ordination and experience of Traffic Management activities within the urban environment. Drive and determination to make a difference.
* Comprehensive knowledge of Traffic Management industry, clients, suppliers, materials and practices.
* Works programming, planning and co-ordination ability.
* On-site management of an operationally focused division with an annual turnover value to £3.0m.