|Location: Gloucestershire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Operations Manager needed for a multinational defence organisation based in Gloucestershire who are looking to employ an experienced Operations Manager with an in-depth knowledge of operational management, strategic planning, and the aerospace/defence industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Operations Manager will include:
- Adhere at all times to the company's policies and other applicable standards and procedures and fulfil and comply with the terms and conditions of your contract of employment.
- Review your job through the PDP process, at least annually, with the objective of achieving continuous improvement; attendance at appropriate training courses and industry conferences as necessary for business awareness and self-development.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and customer approvals and ensure that your Department conforms to all applicable laws, guidelines, regulations and appropriate quality standards.
- At all times professionally represent the company, the business and its employees.
- Contribute to the production and agreement of a 5-year Strategic Plan in accordance with the company 's procedures. Contribute, to the best of your abilities, to the successful implementation of the same.
- Contribute to the production and agreement of the annual budget in accordance with the company's procedures and manage the resources at your disposal to meet or exceeded these; report monthly on potential risks and opportunities.
- Contribute to the production and agreement of objectives, measures and targets and manage your resources to ensure that these are achieved.
- Through participation in reviews, meetings and communications with your team, provide control, leadership and motivation to all direct reports, maintain discipline and improve employee relations.
- Develop and train staff to improve their abilities and to enable them to accept change, by conducting PDPs with your direct reports and cascading this process throughout the team, in line with the company's HR policies.
- Maintain regular and pro-active communication with other members of the company's Management Team to fully meet requirements for business resource planning.
The primary objectives of the Operations Manager are:
- Achieve the product deliveries called for by the agreed master production schedule to time and quality standards.
- Ensure that the Operations department is fit for purpose with the right skills and processes to meet the above objective and to maintain all required accreditations.
- Provide expert support on manufacturability to the front end of the design process to ensure that when a product reaches Operations it is capable of being built in a timely and effective manner.
- Recommend Just In Time, 5s and other appropriate initiatives to improve the performance of the Operations department and minimise unnecessary stock holdings.
- Develop a forward looking plan for the future of the Operations department to include staffing, layout and flow based around forecast 5-year old order intake from strategic plan.
What you need to be the successful Operations Manager:
In order to be the successful Operations Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
Expirience of Operational Management in a mid to large organisation
Expirience in strategic planning
Expirience of performance development planning
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This is a fantstic opportunity for an Operations Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!