|Location: Southend-On-Sea, Essex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 29 days ago|
Operation Team Leader required for one of world's leading and most successful defence companies, based in Southend. As an Operations Team Leader, you will ensure that all operations run smoothly on a large trials facility.
My client are looking for someone to ensure all aspects of Operations for the site are delivered in accordance with company policy, ensuring that safe conduct is completed at all times.
On offer is a highly competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package, all to be discussed at application stage.
Candidates for this Operations Team Leader opportunity must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
Knowledge, skills and Personal Qualities Required for Operations Team Leader:
* Strong operational management experience within an engineering discipline, preferably more than 5 years in the environmental test area including knowledge and understanding of relevant standards and processes (e.g. Def Stan 00-35, BS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005)
* Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels, both internal and external to the company, including customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
* Lean/continuous improvement techniques
* Knowledge of capacity management/scheduling methodologies (incl. use of MS Project)
* Ability to implement HSE guidelines regarding workplace safety
* Strong diplomacy and negotiation skills to influence internal and external stakeholders
* Ability to encourage collaboration between team members and supporting functions
* Results-focussed and high levels of responsibility and accountability.
* Methodical and Logical approach, conscientious.
* Good level of IT competence (MS Office, MS Project)
* Must have driver's license and own car
* Subject to Security Check (SC) clearance
* Professional development in a technical operations environment; A degree in Science or Engineering, or an equivalent nationally recognised professional qualification is highly desirable
* Experience of bidding, contract control and delivery (project management) is highly desirable
* Has held a position of operational management with responsibility for safety, quality and delivery; Institute of Chartered Management status is desirable
* Safety qualification, i.e. IOSH Managing Safety
* A tangible track record of operational delivery and process improvements