|Location: Watford, Hertfordshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Salary is competitive with lots of overtime and call out available
Company Van & Fuel card
Standard Hours: 37.5
Despite current circumstances we have an exciting opportunity to work for one of the UK's largest telecommunications within the UK.
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer to work around the Watford area carrying out Maintenance of cabinets, cable and termination, Commissioning and Testing Equipment on fibre and copper cable networks on the Highways England, National Roads Telecommunications Service networks.
Key Duties for the Maintenance Engineer:
- Reporting into the regional Maintenance Manager
- Repairing any Fibre or Copper Cable break
- Attending any equipment issue within the Transmission Buildings roadside Cabinets within the area.
- Working on various size schemes where there are specific timescales and a requirement to work in conjunction and collaboratively with other stakeholders and third parties.
- Flexibility, commitment and a positive approach and customer focussed attitude.
- Ensuring all work in carried out in accordance with the company's Environmental, Health and Safety processes and policies.
- Strong health and safety awareness.
Day to day tasks for the Maintenance Engineer:
- Cable locating using cable detection equipment;
- Attending cable breaks and repair breaks on copper and fibre cables to keep the network working
- Install temporary link cables to get services working
- Undertaking manual work including manual trenching cable laying etc…
- Attending any equipment issue within Transmission Buildings and Roadside Cabinets within your area day or night
- Working away from their home area, where reimbursement for accommodation etc.
- Undertaking general Maintenance and Commissioning of equipment and testing on all fibre and copper (armoured/un-armoured) INT/EXT cables, equipment and cabling
- Ensure all Commissioning of equipment is completed to the correct standard then delivered on time and to budget
- To complete all aspects of Maintenance work to the required standard
- Work overtime or callout when the contract requires
- Completion of all the associated documentation required as part of the task, on time
- Production of detailed reports when required
- Prepared to positively participate in all training relevant to the position
What the successful Maintenance Engineer will need:
- Knowledge of MCY and MCX drawing or ability to understand installation drawings and scheme schematics
- Experience working roadside, in cabinets and chambers;
- Experience carrying out fibre splicing and copper jointing;
- Experience of transmission equipment or in another environment ie BT,Fujitsu,Alcatel,Nokia
- Experience using the following fibre test equipment Power Meter, OTDR, Light Pen
- C+G 2382;
- G39 qualified
- National Highways Sector Scheme 8 accredited; (NHSS8)
- B/TEC Ordinary National Certificate in electronics/telecommunications engineering (or an equivalent qualification) OR 5 years' experience working on motorway communications or closely related equipment/systems;
- Full Driving licence
- C + G 2391/2392 Preferred
- Fibre Optic Splicing & Testing
- Copper Jointing & Testing
- Knowledge of H/E practices, understanding of MCX drawings, experience installing H/E equipment.
- Experience working in H/E environment
What is in it for you?
- Competitive salary with and excellent over time and call out package
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.