|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
Optical Engineer needed for a leading Defence organisation based in the Bedfordshire area. Who are looking to employ an experienced Optical Engineer who is an enthusiastic, motivated and professional Optical Engineer specialising in Laser systems.
The successful Optical Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 per annum
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Health insurance coverage
* Life and disability insurance
* Retirement savings plan
* Paid vacation and holidays
* Sick and bereavement leave
* Free, on-site flu shots
* Free, confidential, on-site biometric health screenings
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Optical Engineer will include:
* The role will include the designs, analysis, and test of optical and electro-optical systems and components.
* To conduct research and development into phases of physical optics and geometric optics, lasers, laser characteristics, and system integration.
* Key areas of work will include requirements analysis, system design, component selection, supplier technical liaison, preparation and presentation of supplier concept and design evidence.
* Prototyping, integration and test of system components.
* leading and managing a technical team in delivering internal research and development as well as liaising on customer development opportunities.
What you need to be the successful Optical Engineer:
In order to be the successful Optical Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Substantial experience in Optics and Laser application and systems
* Systems Engineering practitioner with experience of whole lifecycle systems engineering
* Experience of supplier engagement
* Experience in the Verification and Validation lifecycle and the development of Verification & Acceptance (V&A) statements
* Excellent Technical Author and presenter
* Experience of Integration and Test activities
* Experience of SysML / UML
* Experience of Data Analysis
* Experience of requirements derivation and management
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Optical Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!