|Location: Kent, England||Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum + Package|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 27 days ago|
Job Title: Optical Engineer
Salary: Up to £60,000 + Package
Key Skills: Augmented Reality, Design, Displays, Optics, Test, Aircraft, Defence, Aerospace, ZEMAX, CodeV, TracePro, Materials, Photometric Measurement
Optical Engineer required to join my client based in Dorset.
Working from site, my client is a leading defence company who provide support to a range of military and commercial platforms from a number of UK locations as well as oversees. They are looking for their next Optical Engineer to be an integral part of the team in the provision of technical expertise in the design of augmented reality displays & associated optical equipment. If you have excellent technical skills and love a challenge, apply now!
To be responsible for providing technical expertise in the design of augmented reality displays & associated optical test equipment for the worlds most advanced aircraft.
So, what will you be doing as an Optical Engineer?
- Overseeing all optical systems requirements
- To undertake the detailed design of optical sub-systems that operate as part of an overall integrated solution.
- Conduction of assembly & formal photometric testing of prototype and production standard optical systems
- Generation of optical sub-system specifications
What are we looking for in our next Optical Engineer?
- Experience in the application of optical design tools for geometric ray tracing
- Experience with the use of optics modelling tools such as ZEMAX, CodeV, FRED & TracePro.
- Experience in the specification of optical materials, processes & tolerances associated with series manufacture
- Demonstrable experience in photometric measurement systems
- A degree within a STEM discipline
- Experience in performing design review assessments independently & making sound strategic decisions
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills, experience and desire to provide exceptional Optical Engineering expertise, this is the opportunity for you!
If you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation as an Optical Engineer, hit that apply button now!
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD OR BE ELIGIBLE FOR SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC) TO START!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.