|Location: London, England||Salary: Ben's|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Optical / Quantum Communications Engineer
London, UK (European travel is required, Part-time home working possible)
Engineer or Junior Engineer
I have an opportunity for an engineer who is passionate and looking to work on cutting-edge future technology within the communications / Space sector.
My client is seeking a passionate physicist or engineer, with applied experience of optical systems, to support realisation of their innovative quantum optical communication satellite payload and ground receivers. This will be an exciting role working closely with very skilled academic and industrial partners, to deliver genuinely cutting-edge technology from the laboratory into the real-world environment. The role could be adapted to suit the level of experience of the applicant.
Some of the main duties of the Optical / Quantum Communications Engineer will include:
* Perform technical analyses, modelling and trade-offs on system level optical communication budgets (classical and quantum)
* Review and enhance optical requirements, designs, budgets and plans documents from industrial partners
* Support, perform or oversee optical integration and testing activities
* Regular visits to partner premises to support progression of activities, delivery against the Company's requirements and identify issues
* Identify & investigate promising optical and quantum technologies for future systems
* Provide technical expertise to other staff as optical domain expert
In order to be the successful Optical / Quantum Communications Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Educated to degree level in Physics or Engineering (minimum 2:1)
* 2 years applied experience of optical systems, photonics or quantum communications in post-graduate or industrial environments
* Understanding of classical and quantum optics principles
* Desire to work on new technologies and concepts for space
* Desire to work autonomously within a small dynamic team
* Comfortable interfacing with external suppliers and partners
* Able to work in UK immediately
* Able to obtain UK security clearance
* Masters Degree or PhD in relevant field
* Experience in designing and manufacturing optical or quantum systems
* Experience with performance testing of optical or quantum systems
* Experience working with the European Space Agency & ECSS standards
* Familiarity with satellite systems and space environment constraints
* Knowledge of quantum cryptography and quantum key distribution
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Optical / Quantum Communications Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.