|Location: Sevenoaks, Kent||Salary: £25000 - £28000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Max Noddings||Job Published: 25 days ago|
Job Title: Permitting Officer / Street Works Coordinator
Hours: 8 hour days - 40 a week
Department: Business Services
Job Purpose for the Permitting Officer / Street Works Coordinator :
To contribute to the profitability of the business through the provision of a professional support service to the business.
Key Responsibilities for the Permitting Officer / Street Works Coordinator:
- To work with the specific area of the Schemes division to have a view of when all scheduled work is to take place and also to understand when re-active work is also scheduled.
- To apply for all permits as required within the timeframe enabling all works to take place as detailed. Responding to comments received on applications and advising to those concerned of any refusals/ Modification/Comments. Updating works schemes and civils programmes with the comments and/or refusals
- Maintaining the register of permit applications for all works on the contract ensuring compliance with TMA requirements.
- Advise the Permit Manager of any concerns in relation to the issue of required permits.
- To manage the permits and liaise as necessary with the specific issuing authority. Updating the permits to correct status to ensure compliance within the London Permit Scheme
- Liaise with WCaP and attend meetings if and when required
- To ensure that accurate records are kept and maintained
- To comply and act at all times with the companies 'people first, go home safe' policy. It isn't simply a corporate target, it's a commitment to protect the great people who deliver our great work.
- To act in accordance with company policies and procedures, particularly with reference to our Equality and Diversity policies, procedures and practices.
- To behave in a manner that supports the company's stated Vision and Values and ensure other team members do like-wise.
Essentials for the Permitting Officer / Street Works Coordinator:
Professional / Technical Skills and Experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous role(s) in a commercially focussed organisation
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Quality, Risk and H&S procedures
- Computer literate
- GCSE or equivalent standard education
- Individual thinker capable of actively contributing to the delivery of team performance
- Ability to operate in a collaborative manner to ensure other parties are fully engaged
- Demonstrable ability to work in a busy environment
- Experience of working under pressure
- Strong concern for order and quality
- Robust attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise
Desirables for the Permitting Officer / Street Works Coordinator:
- Previous experience within a permitting environment
Please get in touch ASAP as they are looking to get you started right away!