|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: Up to £75000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Planning, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Charlie Ringer|
Senior Planner needed - Permanent - Based in Bedfordshire - Up to £75,000 per annum
Currently I am recruiting for a Master Planner to join my client who are a major defence company based in Bedfordshire.
This is a Fantastic and rare opportunity for the successful Master planner to take the next step of their career at one of the world's largest and most successful Defence companies. My client is globally recognised for their Innovative and specialist products and teams.
This role is a programme planning position from inception through completion. The Planner prepares and develops the integrated master plan and integrated master schedule to meet all program strategic objectives.
The successful Senior Planner with gain the following benefit package:
- 9 day fortnight, average 37.5 hours per week
- 25 days holiday
- 2:1 pension plan
- Life Assurance
- Income protection
- Health Care
- Cycle to work scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Sickness and accident plan
Some of the main duties of the successful Planner will include:
- Partners with Program Management and directs all phases of program planning from inception through completion. Architects, prepares and develops the Integrated Master Plan and Integrated Master Schedule to meet all program strategic objectives.
- Works with the technical community, operational community and program management to translate authorized customer requirements into the performance measurement baseline.
- Develops a compliant Integrated Master Schedule which accurately and comprehensively validates the contractual scope, flow and resources required to execute the program.
- Works under consultative direction toward long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Virtually self-supervisory
- Decisions affect the financial, employee or public relations posture of the organization.
- Develops and applies advanced concepts, techniques, and standards. Develops new applications based on professional principles and theories. Viewed as an expert in field within the corporation.
- Develops solutions to problems of unusual complexity which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness. Challenges are frequently unique and solutions may serve as precedent for future decisions.
- Responsible for the end-to-end lifecycle of planning and schedule management in support of program capture and execution.
- Leads proposal preparation planning including development of planning artefacts for solicitation response. Interfaces with program management, senior management and the contractual customer as the programs planning integrator.
- Validates cost and schedule integration for effective program performance management.
- Manages vertical and horizontal integration between all schedules and other program artefacts compliant with LM's command medi
Required Skills for the successful Master Planner:
- Someone who has experience of undertaking detailed planning and yet see the bigger picture for the programme (can undertake strategic planning)
- Good understanding of Schedule Risk Analysis
- Good understanding of the DCMA 14 point health check
- Good understanding of planning basics - Critical Path Methodology, free float, total float.
- Good understanding of earned value including CPI, CPI and TCPI
- Regular interfacing with Directors, and Senior Programme Managers
- Advisor to the Senior Programme Management and Project Director
- Day to day management of staff
- Customer and supplier interface
- Governance at programme level
- Part of a team delivering large change proposals and effective baseline control thereof
- Takes ownership of project performance driving others to meet the schedule
- Recommends to senior programme management team resolution to issues
- Strong focus on stakeholder management
- Becomes actively involved in daily operations only when required to meet critical schedules or resolve complex problems
To be considered for this role you must be eligible for Security Clearance
If you are interested please apply today!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.