|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: £15 - £17.50 per hour|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Planner required for one of world's leading and most successful defence companies, based in Greenford. My client are looking for someone to enact the Master Production Schedule, via the planning of jobs and production activities and ensure timely ordering of materials.
Ideal candidates for the Planner position will have experience of Material Control and Planning in a Manufacturing / Production environment, as well as MRP / ERP experience.
This is an exciting 6 month contract opportunity, with the potential for extention, paying an hourly rate of £15 - 17.50.
My client are one of the leading companies within the UK defence industry, a leader within secure communications and data information assurance, and are looking for the highest calibre, and most skilled engineers to join their growing team.
Candidates for this opportunity must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
Key Responsibilites for this Planner position:
- Planning material schedules and production activities, based on material availability, to ensure smooth supply of material kits to production with no shortages.
- Download daily MRP, review new suggestions and interrogate Do Not Buys.
- Scheduling of customer orders in line with business processes.
- Allocate material at appropriate time to avoid un-allocation of material at a later date.
- Release urgent jobs as required and where required make appropriate decision if Jobs should be released with shortages.
- Manage part revision changes through Jobs.
- Represent planning in weekly Business Unit product order book meetings
- Monitor Kanban & Safety Stock levels and adjust in accordance with production requirements.
- Identify internal supply solutions to reduce kitting times.
- Authorisation/Non authorisation of engineer and project requests from stock.
- Own and monitor lot sizing, inventory and part maintenance areas within ERP.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience of Material Control and Planning in a Manufacturing / Production environment.
- MRP / ERP experience.
- MPS (Master Production Schedule) knowledge preferred
- A strong IT systems user - Microsoft Excel is essential
To apply for this Planner position please press 'apply now'.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.