|Location: Redhill, Surrey||Salary: £20000 - £22000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Job Role: Plant & Materials Administrator
Hours Per Week: 45 hours
Salary Range: £20k -£22k
Main Purpose of Plant & Materials Administrator role:
To support the team in the effective delivery of the contract for a multi-faceted Construction Group with skills in Civil Engineering Contracting, the company are a Multi Utilities Service Provider that undertakes a wide variety of civil engineering special projects including Rail infrastructure works.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Plant & Materials Administrator:
- The post holder will be responsible to the contract Area Manager
- Administer the prompt on and off hiring of plant for the contract in support of the operational teams.
- Administer the prompt ordering and receipting of materials for the contract to meet business requirements.
- Compile and sort information according to priorities to prepare data for computer entry
- Review data and correct when necessary
- Other general contract administration duties as required
Other Duties of Plant & Materials Administrator:
- Set a good example to all employees
- Ensure compliance with all company controlled documents, including company procedures
- Be pro-active in developing new systems to meet the changing needs of the contract
- Carry out all other duties as may be required that fall within the capabilities of the role
Skills and Knowledge:
- A strong team player with a collaborative attitude and the ability to adapt, challenge and change in line with the contract.
- Accuracy with an eye for detaill.
- Able to work on own initiative within established procedures and to tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills.
- Responsibility and accountability for the works they undertake.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to analyse problems and offer solutions.
- The candidate should ideally be computer literate / proficient with the following disciplines, although training can be provided;MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Relevant experience within the UK Water Industry
Desirable Attributes of Plant & Materials Administrator
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to motivate people to reach common goals
- Good negotiator
- Good team player
- Relevant experience required
- Holder of professional or relevant vocational qualifications
- Able to commit to the concept that Health, Safety and Environment are the number one priority for the Organisation and the individual
- Able to commit to the concept of Equal Opportunity in employment
Please get in touch if of course you are interested as they are looking to get you started right away.