|Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire||Salary: Up to £19000 per annum|
|Sector: Utilities & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Salary - Up to £19,000 (dependant on experience)
Location - Northampton
Plant Coordinator needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading utilities and civil engineering company.
Benefits for the Plant Coordinator:
My client offers a competitive salary, brilliant benefits & fantastic career progression
Purpose of the Plant Coordinator:
The Plant Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all plant including vehicles are allocated to the correct team on the correct contract so accurate costs can be produced.
Some of the main duties the Plant Coordinator will include:
* Ensure that the plant in the yard is in good working order and ensure that necessary repairs are carried out.
* Control the plant that is issued both in the yard to the Operational teams.
* Arrange the hire of all internal and external plant as required by the contract.
* To ensure that the company is informed of all equipment being hired including hire rates, delivery and collection charges.
* Plant should be identified as to being used by named gangs.
* Hired plant should be input into the computer system accurately and succinctly.
* Delivery tickets and collection notes to be checked and filed.
* Plant should be off hired with supplier on the date requested.
* Off hire sheets to be completed weekly.
* Transfer sheets to be completed when plant is transferred to other contracts.
* Ensure that we are receiving the correct level of service from suppliers and challenge them where there are issues.
* All discrepancies are to be investigated and addressed immediately.
* Any plant queries to be dealt with immediately and passed to the relevant Manager for signature.
* Costs of all repairs, losses and damages must also be included and recorded.
* Original test certificates must be filed alphabetically and be in date at all times.
* Regular plant audits to be carried out.
* Report and completion of the necessary paperwork for thefts/loss or damage of plant items.
What you need to be the successful Plant Coordinator:
* Previous experience in a plant hire environment
* Good commercial knowledge
* Good communication skills
* Utilities sector experience desirable
* Good IT skills
* Good organisation skills with the ability to plan and prioritise workload
* Ability to analyse problems and offer solutions.
* Able to work on their own initiative, within established procedures and as part of a team
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Plant Coordinator to progress their career within the Utilities industry.