|Location: London, England||Salary: £70000 - £100000 per annum + Excellent company benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Stalla Xystra||Job Published: 28 days ago|
The Platform Engineer position will be focused on hands on end to end engineering and operation of software applications.
As such will have an expert understanding of software engineering, software builds and deployment, debugging applications, operating systems, databases, networking, cloud and fixed infrastructures and automation tools.
This role will exist within a devops culture; learning, sharing and measurement are key skills for this role.
Developer will be entitled to the following benefits:
Salary of £70,000-£100,000
* 25 days holidays + 8 Bank holidays
* health care,
* death in service
* international conference attendance
* laptop of your choice
* training and certification as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Know that infrastructure is a software problem
- Know that devops is organisational culture, not a job title
- Ability to identify and manage, resolve or negate, complex issues and risks & troubleshooting in a large scale, cross system environments
- Demonstrated experience with linux internals and linux command line
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of programming languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C++, C#, Python, Ruby, Node.js and one or more scripting language such as Bash, ASP.net, PHP and Perl
- Demonstrated experience with Linux server configuration with one or more of Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Salt Stack
- Demonstrated experience in diagnosing what the OS is doing, cpu, memory, network connections, network I/O, file descriptors, disk I/O, context switches etc.
- Demonstrated experience with virtualisation and/or container technology and tools such as Virtualbox, VMWare, Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes, CoreOS, Rancher, OpenStack, Xen or similar
- Demonstrated experience with IaaS services such as Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, Google Cloud Platform, Digital Ocean or similar
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools such as Jenkins, Go, Travis CI, TeamCity or similar
- Demonstrated experience in relational and non-relational databases, indexing, querying, explain plans, configuration and replication with one of MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or Redis,
- Intimate knowledge of Internet and networking technologies and protocols, i.e. IP, TCP, DNS, HTTP(S), AJP
- Exposure to log management and analysis solutions such as ELK stack, loggly, Splunk, Sumo Logic, monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Nagios and application monitoring such as New Relic, Dynatrace
- Several years engineering enterprise services in multiple industries
- Degree educated in an software engineering discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Experience of working in a team with a DevOps culture surrounded by lean / agile delivery methodologies
- Experience with Packer, Terraform, Atlas, Consul & Vault
- Experience with Dtrace and D
- Experience of load testing tools such as ApacheBench, http_load, Grinder, Neoload, JMeter, Gattling, Flood.io etc.
- Experience of distributed systems, horizontal scaling at high volumes, supporting High Availability solutions
- Exposure to any of Hadoop, Hbase, HDFS or Apache Spark