|Location: Rugeley, Staffordshire||Salary: £30000 - £45000 per annum + benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence, Electronics||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Power Design Engineer
Power Design Engineer required to join a globally established electronics company. This company designs, devleops, manufactures, tests and installs a wide and diverse range of products, systems and solutions for the rail, defence and energy market. The Power Design Engineer will be working closely with their customers and will be expected to design, develop and architect solutions for high integrity control and sensor systems.
The Power Design Engineer will take full responsibility for the lifecycle of business critical hardware products in order to deliver high quality solutions to tight deadlines. The role provides an opportunity for career development and would be suited to a candidate willing to take responsibility for product development.
Specific responsbilities of the Power Design Engineer include:
Typically, you will be responsible for a wide range of engineering activities covering all stages of the engineering lifecycle; from concept through to verification and validation of production systems.
You will work within a multi-disciplinary team to develop solutions that successfully meet with the overall objectives of the project.
You will be expected to have a broad knowledge of design and application; this may include:
- Ability to analyse requirements and identify hardware solutions to meet these requirements
- Understanding and design of network hardware
- Distributed system of power supplies from 250W to 3.5kW
- Carry out benefit analysis for bespoke vs CoTS solutions
- Definition of production and system tests to demonstrate verification of requirements
- Design for EMC
- Interfacing with software and mechanical disciplines to support meeting system requirements
Essential for the Power Design Engineer:
- Degree or higher in electrical engineering
- Excellent standards knowledge
- Rapid learner, flexible and adaptable engineer
- Ability to communicate effectively with team and across disciplines
- Attention to detail
- Eligible to obtain UK security clearance and to level SC level.
- Able to travel on Company business
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.