|Location: Kingston upon Thames||Salary: £50000 - £63000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 14 days ago|
Principal ADA95 Software Engineer
Kingston upon Thames
£50,000 - £63,000 + benefits
Principal ADA95 Software Engineer needed for a leading defence and security organisation based in Kingston upon Thames area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Principal ADA95 Software Engineer that takes pride in their work.
As a Principal ADA95 Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the upgrade and maintenance of the key Software that underpins the performance, availability, and integrity of our Combat Management Systems. You will also be responsible for developing new interfaces within our Combat Management Systems to allow interfacing to external combat system equipment including Datalink.
The role also provides an opportunity to learn about Open Architecture technologies and develop new interfaces that open up our Combat Management Systems to external providers of capability.
What the role of the Principal ADA95 Software Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Principal ADA95 Software Engineer will include:
- Leading software design to ensure that the overall system will behave according to its requirements in large & complex components
- Writing high quality software according to coding standards and maintain existing software by investigating issues and identifying solutions
- Writing software test schedules and use them to test the system
- Clearly documenting appropriate information, so that others can understand the software and the system
- Fully contributing to process improvements within the team to ensure that the team always looks to improve how it works.
- Liaising with other team members, teams and customers to ensure key information is understood
What experience you need to be the successful Principal ADA95 Software Engineer:
- Learning new skills will be key to this role and training will be provided, but relevant experience of the following disciplines is essential:
- Software Design
- Programming - Ada 95
- Software Integration & testing
- Experience working on large software systems in the defence, avionics, or related industry
In order to be eligible for this role you will need to undergo Security Clearance Background Checks that require you to be a UK resident and UK passport holder.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal ADA95 Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.