|Location: Cowes, Isle of Wight||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sian Driscoll|
Principle Electrical Design Engineer
Cowes, Isle of Wight
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Principle Electrical Design Engineer needed to join a leading systems and engineering technology company globally, based in the Isle of Wight.
Purpose of the Principle Electrical Design Engineer:
As a Principle Electrical Design Engineer you will be working as part of the Product and Training Services (P&TS) Engineering Function that delivers all design, development, support to manufacturing and in-service support of radar products. You will be involved in designing efficient sub-systems for radar products, ensuring a more affordable product, enhancing the capability and availability of the radar for customers.
You will be able to work effectively both independently, as well as within a team, with an honest and transparent attitude to the professional working environment. You will also have the ability to lead others and present technical information to a range of audiences.
- Competitive pension scheme
- Enhanced annual leave allowance
- Company contributed Share Incentive Plan
- Flexible working
- An employee assistance programme
- Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts
Some of the main duties for the Principle Electrical Design Engineer will include:
- Carrying out electrical design activities including feasibility studies, research, design, development and post design services, involving the full Engineering Lifecycle, to meet defined project or business requirements
- Carrying out the design of AC and DC distribution systems
- Carrying out the design of motor drives, control, and positioning systems
- Specifying the design of data links, data protocols, networks and servicing the requirements of procured radio communications equipment
- Carrying out EMC management and verification, including design verification using a combination of simulation, analysis, test techniques plus supporting EMC test houses and customer installation
- Drafting, vetting and editing technical reports or other documents to ensure that technical findings can be successfully communicated with recipients
- Preparing and submitting technical proposals and tenders as directed by a bid manager in order to provide costed proposals for future work
- Underwriting and estimating bids, within authorised value levels, to ensure that they capture all requirements, customer obligations and acceptance criteria
- Liaising with MOD establishments, test facilities, sub-contractors and customers as required to satisfy the needs of project or the business
Skills and qualifications as a Principal Electrical Design Engineer:
- Engineering degree or equivalent, in a relevant engineering or science subject
- Experience in electrical design, gained from a complex engineering environment
- Experience mentoring others/leading more junior staff members
- Chartered Engineer, or working towards
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!