|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: William Church|
Principal Engineer (Hardware)
Principal Engineer needed for a world renown defence company based in Greenford who are looking to employ an experienced Principal Engineer with a broad knowledge of electronic engineering methods, processes and tools. The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience of systems design in the defence industry and have a history of involvement in all phases of development.
The successful Principal Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Flexible Working
- Subsidised Canteen
- Sports and Social Club
- Free Parking
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Company Bonus
- Childcare Vouchers
- Charitable Giving
- Car Scheme
- Retail Vouchers
+ Many more
Some of the main duties of the Principal Engineer will include:
- Ensuring the design requirements are adequately addressed and traced to their source
- Ensuring that the design can be adequately tested and verified
- Ensuring the development and manufacturing costs can be minimised.
- Carrying out engineering activity in accordance with engineering procedures
- Delivery of work packages to time, cost and quality requirement
- Ensuring compliance of the design to the technical, business and project requirements and standards
- Ensuring the design is under suitable configuration control
What you need to be the successful Principal Engineer:
In order to be the successful Principal Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree level qualification
- Knowledge of electronic circuit design and simulation
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
- Knowledge of Electronic Engineering best practices and common pitfalls
- Experience of systems design
- Knowledge of some of the following tools and software: Altium Designer, Zuken CadStar, PADS and Cadence OrCAD for schematic capture, Spice for circuit modelling and simulation, Xilinx VHDL (Vivado) and Altera Quartus Prime for firmware development Autodesk Electrical (wiring schedules) MATLAB for system level modelling, evaluation and analysis A working knowledge of some but not all of these is required. Additional training will be provided as necessary.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.