|Location: West London, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Principle Hardware Engineer
Principle Hardware Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in West London. They're looking to employ an experienced Principle Hardware Engineer will be responsible for research, design and development of digital and analogue electronics within the hardware engineering team.
The successful Principle Hardware Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 day's holiday
- 5% Annual bonus
- Contributed pension plan
- Career progression
- Life assurance
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Principle Hardware Engineer will include:
- Specify, design and prove/verify digital and analogue electronic hardware in order to deliver high quality electronic hardware that meets the requirements in a timely manner and within budget.
- Perform design calculations and carry out simulations using industry standard tools, and prototype as required, in order to estimate performance, identify high-risk areas and ensure high quality designs that require minimal re-design.
- Develop and test/verify electronic hardware according to the hardware development process.
- Estimate time and effort required for electronic hardware activities and deliver to these time and effort estimates to ensure cost and schedule adherence.
- Provide technical direction and exert technical influence across multiple projects, such that the optimal approach, architecture and design are selected.
- Work with production test to ensure designs are suitable for volume production. Also support production to assist them with the rapid debugging and resolution of electronic hardware issues encountered in order to minimise production delays.
- Work constructively with other team members, actively contributing to design reviews, to ensure a collaborative working environment.
- Any other duties as and when required
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
What you need to be the successful Principle Hardware Engineer:
In order to be the successful Principle Hardware Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree in an Electrical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience of high-speed digital designs that include processors and programmable devices
- Experience of analogue circuit design and switched-mode power supply design
- Able to design reliable power supplies that meet requirements and analyse against all input and output conditions across temperature, and estimate performance accurately.
- Competent with schematic capture tools and understands how to constrain layout using rules/classes/groups.
- Must have developed large, complex designs requiring multi-layer PCBs (and PCB stack-up design).
- Appreciation of design and test for EMC and TEMPEST preferred.
- Having used DOORS, PADS and/or PSpice would be advantageous.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Principle Hardware Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.