|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: Up to £45 per hour|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Charlie Ringer|
Principal Hardware Engineer needed - Greenford - Contract position - Paying up to £45 per hour
I am currently recruiting for a Principal Hardware Engineer for an initial 6 moth contract based in Greenford. My client is a globally recognised and respected defence company who specialise is Military electronic applications.
Some of the main duties of the Principal Hardware Engineer include:
- Provide specialist knowledge and support to engineering team.
- Apply diversified engineering knowledge to quickly trouble-shoot difficult problems.
- Interact with customers and other external bodies.
- Identify and drive for most cost-effective engineering solutions; balance various diverse quantities in supporting this calculation (NRE, UPC); is innovative in this regard.
- Propose improvements in tools and techniques that support innovation and make the engineering organisation more efficient.
- Conduct appropriate research and apply existing and emerging technology to practical developments.
- Recognised as a domain expert inside the company, and possibly also with external bodies.
- Mentor and coach other engineers; share knowledge willingly and constructively.
- Review and sign-off significant technical documents; chair technical reviews.
- Explain technically complex concepts clearly to less technical/involved parties, applying strong presentation skills where necessary.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual
Requirements to be the successful Principal Hardware Engineer:
- Experience in high speed digital designs that include processors, programmable devices and some analogue circuits.
- Must be able to estimate time and effort required and deliver projects on time and to the required quality.
- Must have worked on complex electronics designs and multi-layer PCBs.
- Competent with schematic capture and understands how to constrain layout using rules/classes/groups.
- Experienced in use of advanced SPICE techniques to ensure circuits are modelled against variable parameters.
- Familiar with how to operate spectrum analysers, EMC receivers, vector network analysers.
- Can optimise for low power, low noise, or tight performance across tolerance.
- Can quantify at design time expected performance and high risk areas.
- Uses appropriate simulation and prototyping techniques to ensure confidence in released designs.
- Competent in EMC and TEMPEST test techniques and
The successful candidate must be able to obtain Security Clearance therefore hold a British passport.
If you are interested in this position then please give me a call today! 01342 330 504
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.